In ‘hard’ water areas of the UK, insoluble calcium carbonate forms unsightly limescale deposits within hot water pipes and boilers and upon the heating elements of appliances; increasing heating and equipment maintenance costs whilst reducing efficiency and operational life.
Hard water also dictates the increased quantities of soaps, detergents and chemical based cleaning products that consumers are required to use.
Our Magneum Aqua™ water conditioning system does not add or remove substances but alters the way hard water behaves. Strong magnetic forces impact the precipitation and crystallisation processes that create and deposit limescale.
Calcium carbonate and other minerals within the magnetised hard water are kept in suspension and encouraged to pass through pipework and appliances, without causing further deposits of limescale.
Over a period of time existing limescale coatings are gradually softened.
- Reduces heating and cleaning costs
- Maintains energy efficiency by preventing/lessening unwanted limescale deposits that act as insulation
- Maximises operational efficiency of boilers and appliances
- Prolongs the lifespan of appliances and pipework
- Lowers heating system generated carbon emissions
- Moderates the consumption of soaps and detergents and the formation of ‘scum’
- Minimises the usage of environmentally unfriendly chemicals and cleaning products
The Carbon Trust has stated “that for every 1mm of limescale build-up upon a heating element, there is a decrease in the operational efficiency and a pro-rata increase in fuel usage of 7%.”
After two years, the operational efficiency of a combi boiler, where the water is heated directly, can be hindered by up to 6mm of limescale deposits upon the heat exchanger.
Similarly, with an indirect heating system, where a boiler is heating a hot water tank, limescale build up will occur upon the tank heating coil.
This degree of scaling will reduce operational efficiency by approximately 38%; decreasing energy efficiency alongside increasing energy usage.
Magneum Aqua™ is a simple to install, ‘fit and forget’ eco-friendly option to minimise the considerable cost, environmental and cosmetic impacts of being located in a hard water area.